Mrs. Nurse Boy over at the Poop on Jelly blog and Mummy McTavish from the Samster blog tagged me in this cute meme. If you've never read Mrs. Nurse Boy's blog I suggest you do. She's hilarious...and her husband, Nurse Boy, is funny as well. He's actually the one that started their blog. I have no idea where they come up with their material but I sure would like to live near them and hang out with them IRL (in real life). Not to mention our kids are around the same age. She has two handsome little boys and one beautiful little girl, Sweet Pea. The same goes for Mummy McTavish. Her humor is second to none. When she and Mrs. Nurse Boy go back and forth I almost pee my pants. They're both hilarious yet live on the opposite ends of the world. I can imagine the fun we would all have getting together with our 8 1/2 children. Mummy is having her third child, hence the reference to the 1/2 child. She has two adorable boys around the same ages as mine and Mrs. Nurse Boy's. We're all anxiously awaiting to see if Peach Blossom will be a bouncing baby boy or girl. I had 2 boys and then a girl and so did Mrs. Nurse Boy. So ya never know. Three boys would be fantastic as well. Either way, as long as little Peach Blossom is healthy and happy, all will be well with the world.
1. What are your current obsessions? I have to agree with Mrs. Nurse Boy on this one. Eyebrows and chicken. My eyebrows seem to need to be waxed almost every 2-3 weeks. My thinking is if your eyebrows look good, the rest of your face does as well. This isn't a guarantee but it sure helps.
I've been on a non-meat kick lately. Chicken and turkey are the only meat I can stand to eat and no I'm not pregnant in case that entered anyone's mind. I say this because when I was pregnant food did not sound appetizing at all. It turned my stomach. If it weren't for the fact that I had a tubal ligation I would think that's a possibility. My 3 kids are lively enough I don't know how I would be able to handle # 4. I think I would need to drink more wine to get by. :-)
2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often? My Lucky jeans and flip flops. They are a staple in my wardrobe. The jeans are getting harder to wear as summer is almost upon us. Good thing my summer capris are starting to fit again.
3. What's for dinner? I'm making salmon on the grill with a mesquite marinade. Never had it with that marinade before but I'm sure it will be tasty. Everyone else is having M-E-A-T!!! Yick!
4. Last thing you bought? Salmon, shrimp and hamburger rolls.
5. What are you listening to? Clothes drying in the dryer and Total Drama Island on tv. It's a kid's show but have never heard of it before today.
6. Do you play a musical instrument? If so, what? I played the clarinet in grammar school and the piano in high school. I gave it up because it wasn't "cool" to be in the band in high school. I'm embarrassed to admit that, but it's the truth. I can still play the piano but nowhere near as well as I used to.
7. Favorite vacation spots? With three little children in the mix, we don't get a chance to go away to the places we used to before getting married. Haven't been to any of these places in a very long time but I would love to go again one day. Aruba, Hawaii, San Diego or the West Coast of Florida (Gulf of Mexico). These are the most beautiful places I have ever been to. Each one is gorgeous and special in its own right.
8. Reading right now? Parenting magazine. Really, did you have to ask? LOL I was reading the Complaint Free World again. That's such an uplifting book and it makes sense. If you can stop complaining for 3 weeks it changes the way your mind works. You won't have those negative thoughts anymore. It supposedly trains your brain to think differently. I'm all for that.
9. Four words to describe yourself? trustworthy + loyal + happy + conscientious = BORING. I'm still fun though but not a wild child.
10. Guilty pleasure? Watching General Hospital. I've watched this since I was in grammar school. I don't know what draws me to it as it's purely junk but I just love it. It's my source of non-thinking television.
11. Who or what makes you laugh until you're weak? My friends, my kids and reruns of Will & Grace. A couple of my friends have told me I look, act and laugh like Debra Messing. Maybe I should dye my hair red. Hmm keeping that in my memory banks for when I feel daring.
12. Favorite things to do in the summer? Go to the lake and beach with my friends and their kids. We have such a blast. We all help each other with our children and the kids get to make great lasting childhood memories.
13. Planning to travel to next? Disney World in Florida. At this point, I don't know what my husband and I were thinking. Does anyone remember the story about the parents that got thrown off a commercial flight because their toddler was having a tantrum? Well that's so going to be us. I'm petrified. Little Miss Independent is exactly just that and there's no sidetracking her when she's pitching a fit. My husband seriously wants to give her Benadryl. I told him that could have the opposite effect...which we sure don't what that happening. I might have to try that in advance. Hey, I'm not against it if it chills her out a little. Don't knock it until you've been in my shoes. :-)
14. Best thing you are or drank lately? Salmon. I had it two days in a row last weekend from two different restaurants. It was amazing if you like salmon. Cooked to perfection. Also helps with the weight loss. It's a win-win situation for me.
15. When did you last get tipsy? Last week at my nephew's communion party. Only had a glass or two of wine but that's all it takes folks. I'm a lightweight. Now you know my secret. :-)
16. Favorite ever film? Beautiful Girls. It's an older movie starring Matt Dillon, Mira Sorvino, Uma Thurman, Timothy Hutton, Lauren Holly, a very young Natalie Portman and Rosie O'Donnell. It's nothing to write home about but I just love it because it takes me back to my high school years. It's set in a small, snowy, hick town and reminds me of my childhood. I can relate to each and every one of the characters. It felt as if this movie was about my life. Such good memories. It has a good soundtrack too. You would probably be bored with it unless you've grown up in the same settings as me.
17. Care to share some wisdom? Here's a quote which I love.
May you find serenity and tranquility in a world you may not always understand. May the pain you have known and the conflict you have experienced give you the strength to walk through life facing each new situation with courage and optimism. Always know that there are those whose love and understanding will always be there, even when you feel most alone. Remember the sunshine when the storm seems unending.
18. Least favorite thing about driving in the boondocks? I live in the boondocks. How appropriate. Driving in the dark is hard as there aren't many street lights. It never bothered me before until I moved to a real city when I was 25. It's so much easier driving with street lights. What a concept, huh? LOL My husband grew up 50 miles from me near New York City. He had absolutely no idea what he was getting himself into when he said he would pick me up for one of our dates at my parent's house. He heard something running on the road in the wee hours of the morning once and it spooked him. He said it sounded like a bull was charging at him. It was a deer. A little old white tailed deer. It was so funny I almost peed my pants. City boys. ppfftt!
19. Least favorite part of your day? Mornings before school. When the kids don't cooperate it makes things challenging due to the time constraints. This is nothing new to any of you moms out there...unless I'm doing something wrong as far as parenting goes which could be. See why I read Parenting Magazine?
20. Why do you blog? I first found the blog world through Sheye Rosemeyer. Her beautiful darling girl, Ava, flew to Heaven in February 2007. You'll see on the right side of my blog a picture of a beautiful little girl. That's Ava the Superprincess. I happened to click on Ava's Rule on an artist's website quite by accident one day. It sounds so trivial and trite to say that you really have no idea how many different ways The Rosemeyer family has changed my life. I will never forget them.
Since being a SAHM I've felt isolated at times. Although I have a bunch of friends being that I live in the same area as I grew up in, everyone has their own life and it's hard to coordinate schedules to see one another frequently. Blogging has really saved my sanity.
Rules of the meme:
Respond and rework. Answer questions on your own blog. Replace one question. Add one question. Tag 8 people.
I tag:
1. Amber @ AEFilkins
2. Suz @ Day By Day
3. Rhonda @ Down Memory Lane (I owe you a Prom post...still have to find the pictures and get them scanned at my Dad's house - I'm sorry!)
4. Rachel @ Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug
5. Tabitha @ Twinkle Twinkle
6. Jen @ Tatertots and Jello
7. Amanda @ Penny n Pounds
8. Melinda - backwards and forwards
8. Melinda - backwards and forwards
Much love from NJ,

5 Things I'm Grateful for Today:
1. The central a/c is fixed!! Was a bit tough to sleep when it was 85-90 degrees in our house.
2. Spending time with my kids playing and having fun for the past few days has been very uplifting. Have to remember to do this more often. Just play and do nothing else.
3. Good food, good company and great conversation is part of what life is all about.
4. Enjoying my parent's company while they are home from Florida for the summer.
5. Cuddling at night before bedtime with my children is the best way to end the day.


I loved reading this!!!! Thanks for the tag, you are too kind. Or is it mean? Making me have homework like that. :)
ReplyDeleteas for your plane flight coming up...
I always had good luck with cough medicine. Not too much, just under the correct dosing, it just relaxed them a bit. I found that the general public frowned upon giving the kids vodka on a plane, but cough medicine, no one even blinks an eye!!!
I would DIE without our a/c, glad you have yours working now!!
have a fantasatic day with your family.
Suz
Hey, that's me! Okay, I didn't have anything else to write about so this will work out great!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful post! I love reading all the random things about different people to see what we have/don't have in common :-) I think I need to look into some Lucky jeans, everyone seems to love them!
ReplyDeleteI'm always struggling with my eyebrows! :) Glad your a/c is fixed! :)
ReplyDeleteFascinating. I hate driving in the boondocks. Always hear the deliverance song: Dueling Banjos.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I played both piano and clarinet! Total band geek... continued both way past the age of cool.
Hey,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tag...give me something to do this week! Ha...wink! No really, thanks for thinking of me!
I love going to the lake and beach!! However lake will have to do this summer since there are no beaches in AR. ;o(
Hey...let me know when you do your prom post. I know what you mean about digging to find them! No need to apologize! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteHi Sue!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tag. What a fun meme - I will do it tomorrow! I loved your answers. Your grilled salmon sounds so wonderful. And I love that Beautiful Girls movie - I haven't seen it in years!
I hope you have a super day my friend!
XOXO
Jen
Love this meme - maybe I'll just pretend to be tagged?!?!
ReplyDeleteHey, I know you arent the biggest red meat fan these days. Check this recipe out http://projects.washingtonpost.com/recipes/2009/05/06/easy-tex-mex-bake/
ReplyDeleteIt was in the Washington Post Food section about a weekand a half ago. One of my friends from the office loved it-Kids and husband included. Thanks for checking out my blog.
First of all, thank you for the kind words! I still can't believe that people think I am funny, but I am so glad they do!
ReplyDeleteSecondly, NO COMPLAINING?! Really?! I just might have to read that...
And, I loved Beautiful Girls, too! I had forgotten all about that movie!
This was fun to read! Thanks for playing along!
Mrs. Nurse Boy
Awww, you're so sweet Sue!
ReplyDeleteI'd be careful with the Benadryl... The very kind pharmacist today gave me the "this may make him drowsy" speach but added on "or, if you're lucky it might just do the opposite" with an evil grin. My boys ALWAYS do the opposite. Lion had to have a heart ultrasound when he was a wee one but he wouldnt co-operate so they drugged him... not a good idea, he was just as active but now he had no control over which direction he was flinging his arms and legs. Kinda funny in hindsight though *snorts as she laughs* good luck!
I will get this done ~ looks quite difficult though!
ReplyDeletel,
Amanda x
My little guy LOVES Total Drama Island lol.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I had no idea there was a "complaint free world" book. I have a bracelet and tried it out for about 10 days and then gave up...we had a bunch of us at work doing it and it really made us all think about how much complaining we really do.
So many fun things! I can only eat chicken and shrip lately...and occasionally buffalo, but mostly I'm a gardenburger type of gal.
ReplyDeleteI've been so behind on blogging lately, but It's been so nice to stop by and catch up.
I'll travel now because I know one day I'l have three adorable kids and it will get hard to do!
But I am amazed at all you DO DO with your kids and family and yourself.
And you remnded me, I need to make an eyebrow wax appointment, I'm pretty big on those too.
oh this was great! Loved the info. and a prom post from you? hmmmm i'm thinking this could be good...
ReplyDeleteThis was a great list and it is so fun to get to know our bloggy friends better. Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. Hugs, Bobbi Jo
ReplyDeleteHow are things? Haven't seen you post in a while. I hope everything is well with you and your family.
ReplyDelete-Desiree
Love it.... so much fun.
ReplyDelete