Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Extreme Makeover--Me Edition Update



{ae filkins}



Today is Wednesday which means it's Extreme Makeover--Me Edition time. My girl Amber is hosting this inspirational and supportive group of women all with the same goals. Getting healthier by eating better, exercising more and learning to take better care of ourselves. Click on over to her blog to take a peak. Well, my week was not very good. I worked out one day which was Sunday. I wouldn't even really call it working out as I only jumped on the elliptical machine for 25 minutes while the boys had their swimming lessons. You could definitely call it exercising but not enough for a week's worth. My plan was to go to the gym Thursday, Friday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday mornings. Thursday and Friday didn't happen. Can't even remember what came up but something sure did. Then I completely forgot my dog was sick and needed to bring her to the vet Monday morning. I thought I could get a morning appointment but turns out it wasn't until late Monday afternoon. Could've easily gotten a workout done in the a.m. Chloe has a severe ear infection. Poor thing. She's such a trooper and never once yelped or gave any indication she was sick. If she hadn't started to flip her ears I would've never known. I thought it was just time to clean them. She's still uncomfortable. Hopefully the medicine will kick in soon. Tuesday was Kyle's field trip at school so that morning was shot as well. Turns out I gained .2 lbs. That's not that bad but it's comparable to one stick of butter. I have to use that analogy for the losses and the gains. I'm fair like that.

Amber's question of the week is:

"We're all here at EM:ME because we're unhappy with our bodies, or our health; there are things that we are trying to change. But today you must share something with everybody that you absolutely love about yourself."

Ooohhh this is a hard one. Here goes....I'm compassionate, understanding and unselfish. If someone needs me, it's hard to say no. Forever worried about hurting someone else's feelings. I'm conscientious, reliable and fair. To a fault. I can find something good in everyone. This is something that annoys people at times. If someone doesn't like someone else, I'm not a bandwagon jumper. I try very hard not to judge others as being judged is not my favorite thing. Ok, there, I said it. Not sure how this is supposed to make me feel but uncomfortable might be a good description. :-) I feel as if I'm bragging but really, if you knew me IRL (in real life) you'd know I'm uber critical of myself. This was super hard.

Today's post won't contain too much in the way of inspiration or motivation. I'm sure things will turn around once my husband gets back from Denver and I can start going to the gym in the early mornings again. That seems to be the only way for me to stick with my goals. I have a bad habit of putting everyone else's needs before my own. I saw this quote on my friend's Facebook status: "don't expect different results from the same behaviour". Soooo true. It's common sense but it struck a cord with me. Incidentally, this is the first friend I told about my blog. Not sure that she reads it but it went smoother than anticipated. Perhaps I'll tell someone else next!

I hope everyone had a great week! Looking forward to catching up on all of your progress. This week has been one where I'm unable to get a moment's peace so it might take me a bit to catch up with everyone. Please accept my apologies in advance.

Much love from NJ,


5 things I'm grateful for today:

1. Running into my neighbor on the way home from the bus stop and deciding our kids should play outside together to get some fresh air and burn some energy since it's not raining right now!!
2. That I didn't gain more than .2 lbs.
3. Finding an outfit for my work reunion on Saturday night.
4. Laughing with the employees while Peyton threw a temper tantrum in GapKids.
5. Kyle came up to me and gave me a hug and kiss because he thought I needed it. Smart boy.


21 comments:

  1. It's so much harder to stay motivated when you don't have a little help around the house. I hope things get better when he gets back! I know it's so hard just to get the basics done with out a husband, let alone the extras!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww...you have had a lot going on this week. IT is hard to make ourselves a priority, especially when you can't say NO. :) It is a fault, but A good ONE!!! Most of us have the same problem.
    I Hope Chloe is feeling better soon. At first I thought you were talking about your Daughter and I was concerned with her flipping her ears! GADS!!!
    Love your grateful list....it is the little things that make this life so great...we just have to SEE the little things each day.
    Take care, SUZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a sweetheart!!! What a wonderful quality you have, so hard sometimes not to be critical of other people too, I am guilty of this, and need to try harder. But truth is I am a million times harder on myself, and I need to work harder on that also!! Thanks for your post, you are awesome!

    Have a great afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl, you ARE having a long week. I didn't realize Rob was gone so often for work. That sucks. I so wish we lived closer so we could get together, let the kids run amok outside, and enjoy a nice Diet Coke in the shade while we gab the afternoon away. :)

    Sweet little Kyle. What a sweetheart. And LOL about Peyton in Gapkids. And glad you could laugh with the employees about it. That always makes it easier.

    You're gonna soar this next week girl!! I expect some major inspiration from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard when you've got so much going on!! Don't be so hard on yourself, cause we've all been there!!

    I hope Chloe's ears get better, Kyle got a special kiss back and most of all that you have a great week!!

    Loving the positives...that's a great quality, too :)

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that quote your friend posted on facebook. It's so true - and we are all repeat offenders...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post! Stay motivated girl.. you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for passing along the quote, I needed to hear that. You sound like you have lots going on, enjoy your kiddos-workout when you can. This is time you can't get back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saying no is something I struggle with... Too often I found that I have said yes soo many times that there is not enough time for it all! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes life just gets in the way, doesn't it? .2 pounds is nothin' girl! You'll have that off again in no time. I just know you're going to kick some butt this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so hard when you have a workout routine that works for you, and then it is derailed for one reason or another! I feel your pain.

    You are still doing great though, and I love the things you shared about yourself...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't be hard on yourself ~ with 3 young ones to look after on your own this week i think anyone would find in impossible to fit lots of gym sessions in!

    Hope your pooch is better soon ~ poor thing.

    Have a good week ahead!
    l,
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving yourself makes it easier to both push yourself harder and give yourself a break when you need it! You ARE a wonderful friend and hopefully you get back on track soon!

    P.S. I had a chocolate chip mint ice cream disaster yesterday that will surely ruin my weight loss goals for the week. But what a delicious disaster it was! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving that little Kyle...so sweet!

    Mrs. Nurse Boy

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like it's been a chaotic week for you! But if ALL you have gained is .2 then I think you did AWESOME!!! Don't be so hard on yourself. :-) Slow and steady wins the race!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so darn hard to get all the things done that you want / need when the husband is out of town! So sorry to hear about the puppy's ear infection. Those are no fun!!

    Here's to a relaxing weekend and having fun at your work reunion!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I agree 100% with you. Working out in the morning is the only way to go! If I put it off until later in the afternoon/evening LIFE gets in the way and I put the workouts off. This is one thing I have been struggling with b/c I am NOT a morning person ;) but I am getting better. Have a wonderful day! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are great traits to have and you sound like an optimistic thinker. It sounds like your week has gone just like mine has. Ear infections and holter monitors (Test of the heart for hubby- He has to wear this medical thing that records his heart for 24 hours) So my plans for going walking with my kids this week has gone right out the window. Have a great week. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope to get to know you better. I am an official follower now of your blog. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are a busy woman!!! I don't have half the things on my plate as you do and still you find time to exercise...I was good last week but this week is already started off with me skipping tonight's workout to plan a girls' weekend away...imo worth it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the idea of stopping to think about all of your good traits. Sometimes we are too hard on ourselves, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say because I'd love to hear it!! I appreciate you stopping by and taking the time to comment. Comments make my day!!