
Happy Monday Everyone!! It's Menu Plan Monday here again already. If you're interested in planning your meals for the week and need some inspiration, head on over to Laura's site.
My hubby is away on business this week so our menu will be really kid friendly and easy for me. I didn't think he would be travelling very much. This is the third time in a little over a month that he's been away. Maybe this is our new normal.
Our menu this week is:
Monday: Pork Chops
Tuesday: Turkey burgers
Wednesday: Baked French Toast
Thursday: Lemon Parmesan-Crusted Chicken
Friday: Grilled Cheese
We had a super jam packed weekend full of activities. The Opening Day parade was Saturday morning. We had to be there by 8 because the parade started at 8:30. Yikes! The poor kids were the first team to walk out and their banner hadn't arrived yet. I felt bad for them and their coaches. It arrived shortly thereafter so all was well. The parade lasted for an hour. It was cute and the rain held off...thank goodness. We went home and then had to be back there for pictures at 10:30. In between I washed Kyle's baseball pants as he and his teammates were rolling around in the mud. Good thing they're light and dried very quickly. Kyle and Brady were off the wall as they kept wrestling when we got home after pictures. They were seriously fooling around for 2+ solid hours. Next, Kyle's t-ball game was at 2:30. This time I didn't wash his pants in between. :-) Peyton and Brady stayed home with Dada and Oma while I went to the game by myself. It was so nice to actually watch the game. It turned into a beautiful afternoon although it was supposed to rain. My parents came over for dinner afterwards. We barbecued and it was really nice. The boys were so exhausted they were too tired to misbehave at dinner. Love that!!

Sunday morning the boys started swimming lessons again. They did really well. I was able to jump on the elliptical for the first time since Tuesday while they had their lessons. Yea not looking forward to the weigh-in on Wednesday so much this week. I've been such a slacker. The boys had an ice skating party Sunday night. I had to make cupcakes for Brady because of his milk allergy. He can't have the ice cream cake. :( Of course I had to try them to be sure they were edible. And you'll be happy to know they were! I ate 2 or perhaps more... I used spice cake this time and they were so yummy. Vanilla icing with red sugar sprinkled on top. Good thing I froze half of them. I threw out some Easter candy last week and replaced it with cupcakes. Not sure which is worse to indulge!!
I hope all of you had a great weekend. Off to get the kids to school and then Peyton and I are hitting the gym. Only 2 mornings left to work out before Weight Watchers.
Much love from NJ,


Bummer about husband working away again.
ReplyDeleteYour child friendly menu looks good ~ my boys would be happy to come over for dinner any night!
You have had a busy weekend ~ and the kids have had lots of fun!
Good Luck with your weigh in, I'm sure you have done OK with all of your running around at the weekend.
l,
Amanda x
I love the pictures, your kids are so darn cute. did you know this???
ReplyDeleteCupcakes...mmmmmm...sounds yummy.
Tball. Skaing. Swimming. Someone is burning some calories that is for sure.
We are also having pork chops tonight!! so funny!!
Take care, Suz
did you post the recipe for baked french toast eariler? I have vague recollections. . . and I want to try it!
ReplyDeleteSuch a yummy week at your place! Cupcakes are my weakness. Snack-sized bits of delicious evil they are.
ReplyDeleteI would love the baked french toast recipe...and it must be a pork chops kinda day...we are having them too lol.
ReplyDeleteYour kiddos are very cute!
I can completely relate on how much traveling your husband's doing - when we lived in NJ (2001-2003) he was out of town 4 days each week! Makes for much easier dinners! :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck at the gym...
.. and all the other activities you're doing with your kidlets!
ReplyDeleteYOu have been up to FUN!
ReplyDeleteI know that my girls are anxious for swimming lessons to start up again (another months!) I think Elisabeth is going to love it the most. She will be in a parent child swim class with me and Donald. She LOVES her bath....so hopefully she'll love the swimming pool too!
Baked french toast sounds yummy! So does everything else but that is bc I'm not much of a cook so we always eat the same stuff week after week.
ReplyDelete-Desiree
Sounds like a busy weekend!
ReplyDeleteI admire you having your whole week of meals planned out. I do this sometimes, and then never follow through with the menu plan!