Splash Award
Whoaaaaa!!! Well my goodness. I got not one, not two, not three, but four awards over the course of a little over a week. Thank you so much Xazmin and Kristen for the Lemonade Award!! And to Jen and Liz for the Splash Award!! The Lemonade Award is given to a blog for showing an Attitude of Gratitude. The Splash Award is given to a blog because someone thinks the blog is alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive and inspiring. I'm so honored that someone thinks I'm worthy of these awards. Really, I'm stunned. I still can't believe anyone actually reads my jibberish let alone enjoys it. Thank you so much girls!! The only other award I ever got IRL (in real life) was at my 8th grade graduation. It was the humanitarian award and until this day, I cannot figure out why it was given to me. I tutored a young boy for awhile but that's about the only "humanitarian" thing I think I ever did in grammar school. Incidentally, that same young boy now plows my driveway in the winter.
I have so much to be grateful for I honestly don't know where to start. I've got a great family. My parents taught me to be an extremely responsible and honest adult which is something I hope to pass onto my own children.
I'm grateful that my husband works so many jobs just so I can stay at home with my kids. (Just so you all don't think I'm a slacker, he had this many jobs before we were married and had kids. He works a little harder knowing he's the only bread-winner in the family now.) In the same breath, I'm grateful that we have enough money to live in our house, we have enough food and clothing and for all of the other basic necessities that some people in the world don't have.
Everyone in my life is healthy. I still have 2 of my grandmothers alive. At one point, when I was 23, I had 4 grandparents (one being a step-grandfather) and a great-grandmother alive. Growing up I thought this was the norm for everyone. I came to find out some of my friends didn't have parents that were alive, let alone grandparents. So sad. Something that I quickly realized was unusual as I got older. Lucky me.
Speaking of luck, I've always felt I was a lucky person. Although I've never won anything except for the awards stated above. Another reason I feel lucky is because I've met all of you. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that I would have a blog and have met so many wonderful, loving, kind and caring people from around the world. Never. All of you really have no idea how much you mean to me.
Now, here are the rules for accepting and sharing the Lemonade Award:
1.Put the logo on your blog or post
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs that show an attitude of gratitude
3. Link to your nominees within your post
4.Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received this award
5.Share the love and link to this post and the person who nominated you for the award. Tell us how you've come to have an attitude of gratitude.
The rules for accepting and sharing the Splash Award:
1.Put the logo on your blog or post
2. Nominate 5 blogs that you find alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive and inspiring
3. Link to your nominees within your post
4.Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received this award
5. Share the love and link to this post and the person who nominated you for the award.
But you know what. After posting the how to's of accepting these awesome awards I'm the type of person that feels badly about excluding people and would never want to hurt someone's feelings. So I'm going to skip the part where I nominate specific blogs. I truly love all of your blogs.
Thanks again Xazmin, Kristen, Jen and Liz. You girls rock!!
Much love from NJ,


Congrats and I love reading your funny jibberish.
ReplyDeleteYou do have a lot to be grateful for...most of us do. Love reading your lists Keep up the good work and I would have to say that you seem to be well worth the humanitarian award. SO funny that you still see that same boy..all grown up now. Small world.
Congratulations on your cup overflowing with awards and good things.
ReplyDelete:)
Congrats on the awards!! I think you DEFINITELY deserve them!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I could totally see how you'd get the humanitarian award.
Have a great weekend!!
Congrats! You totally deserve it!
ReplyDeleteOr I should say them . . .
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on winning all of those awards!
ReplyDeleteAnd i enjoy coming over to read all that you and your lovely family have been up to!
Thanks for passing the award along :o)
l,
Amanda x
Congrats on your awards!! You deserve them for sure!!! Have a wonderful SUnday!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your awards! Thanks for sharing a little slice of your life with us. It is always fun to catch up with a friend several times a week!
ReplyDeleteMrs. Nurse Boy
I love your blog and will continue to come back and read often...I know what you mean about making such great friends through the blogosphere!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on all your awards you deserve them all. It is so refreshing to see someone like yourself is so very gratefull for all the goodness that you have in your life and I hope it continues to be like this for the rest of your life. Happy days to you and yours. XXOO
ReplyDeleteOh yes, you deserve all those awards. I love the story about your humanitarian award. So sweet!
ReplyDeleteI share a similar life story. So many things to be grateful for in life. Things I never realized I was quite fortunate to have.
You have such a positive outlook on life... it makes me smile just reading your blog!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your awards - oh so fun. :)