Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Extreme Makeover--Me Edition Update


{ae filkins}



Welcome to this week's Extreme Makeover--Me Edition. If you're just joining us, the lovely, funny, and sweet Amber is hosting this weekly challenge. It's not too late to join in. Actually, it's never too late. She rounded up a bunch of super sweet women together who encourage and inspire one another. If you would like to come along on our journey check out Amber's site for the details. We'd love to have you!

This week was good and bad. A lot has been going on around here and I've found it difficult to keep motivated to exercise. I did very well with eating and there was almost no snacking since things have been on the busy side. This fact made me very happy. Although I exercised only twice, I was excited for today's weigh-in. My scale was the lowest it's been in months. Although my scale is a bit lower than the one at Weight Watcher's, I knew I was in for a loss. Just unsure how much. To my surprise, I'm down 2.8 lbs. Needless to say, I'm thrilled. I have to keep reminding myself that now is not the time to slack off or to reward myself with eating more. I have to keep this momentum going.

Amber's question of the week is:

Show us your inspiration picture. Of yourself skinny, of yourself fat, of a celebrity that inspires you to keep going.

Originally I was going to search for a celebrity who has a rockin bod. Then I reconsidered. This was part of my problem. I was always trying to look like someone else. I have to learn to be happy with who I am and feel comfortable in my own skin. Not striving to be someone I can never be. I was always impressed when a celebrity would drop the baby weight in a matter of a few months. But the perfectionist in me would then beat myself up for not being able to do the same thing. It was unrealistic as they have personal trainers and chefs to cook for them. Logically I knew this but emotionally I didn't. Here are some pictures from my past that inspire me.

{August 2001 - taken at my bridal shower. Although it's not a great shot you can see my chest and arms. This was when I had a personal trainer, Patty. Incidentally, she's the only person in real life who knows about my blog. :-)}


{The next picture is from my honeymoon. I weighed 113 lbs. and for that brief period in time I liked my body. Very sad that it was only once in my life where I thought I looked good. This is something I'm working on.}


{The last picture was taken in May 2004. A year or so after I had my first child. This is probably more realistic as to what I can achieve. Not according to the leader at Weight Watchers...according to me! :-)}






My goals for this week are:

~EXERCISE EXERCISE EXERCISE
~drink lots of water
~limit snacking
~make healthy choices
~not be so hard on myself


I hope all of you did well. I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress.

Much love from NJ,




5 things I'm grateful for today:


1. My parents loaning me one of their cars while mine is at the dealer being fixed.
2. It's warm and sunny and I was able to walk to the bus stop to pick up my son...summer is almost here!
3. My family is healthy when a few friends of mine are not.
4. My children have a great imagination and play without toys, only using a box or tupperware or simply nothing at all.
5. That I am inspired to exercise after feeling unmotivated for the past 2 weeks.

24 comments:

  1. You look fab in all of those pix as well as the one you use for your profile. I know we all have to be happy with our self-perception, but if it makes you feel any better, I think we'd all say you look amazing! (Right now!)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in all your pictures. Your profile picture looks as if you have reached your goal. Your right, we should not compare ourselves to celebs at all. We don't have the same help they do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTG on losing the 2.8 lbs!!!!! Your "past" photos are gorgeous! :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Good job on the eating well, and I know you'll have a better week with exercise! Sometimes life just gets in the way.

    Thanks for always leaving me such sweet and encouraging comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great, girl, then AND now! YAY for the 2.8 pounds, that is amazing. You've had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures and AWESOME losing 2.8 pounds!

    You are doing so well and your plan is very doable!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue,
    Thanks for coming over to my blog to say hi!

    I love what you said about not trying to be someone else. In high school, I'd look at pictures of bikini-clad women and want to be like them. But now, I want to be healthy and fit - for myself and for my family. I struggle with perfectionism too - it's wise to know yourself and what you can accomplish.

    The flip side is that you can accomplish more than you think!!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you chose pictures of yourself. I don't have any pictures to inspire me but I do have a couple pairs of pants. . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the weight loss! That's fantastic :-) and why is it we're always so hard on ourselves? We're always our own worst critic - something I need to work on as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy crap you look awesome and 2.8 pounds? amazing. beyond amazing. You Go Girl. And you are rockin' hot - no matter what you weigh. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so cute. I know it can be hard to hear when thats not what you think about yourself. Good for you for working on embracing yourSELF!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOO HOO 2.8 pounds you aren't carrying anymore. That is great! Keep up the great work. The pictures of you are beautiful. Have a great week. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great in those pictures and with a 2.8 lb loss you aren't too far from your goals, I'm sure!!

    Keep it up and have a great week!!

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job on the weight loss! You will get there. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's awesome!! SO happy for you!

    I think you look great in EVERY one of those pictures, and I honestly, honestly like you best in the last one.

    I cannot EVEN imagine being 113 pounds. I wanna try it one of these days, JUST to see what I'd look like. 135 was pretty skinny for me.

    SOOOOOOO excited you're inspired again!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to go on the weight loss!
    You look great.
    l,
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on making more progress.
    I am with you on the unrealistic goals and comparing ourselves. That is my downfall. It is frustrating. I hate looking back at old pictures of myself all toned up...and at the time, I thought I was looking horrid.
    Why do we do this to ourselves?????
    Glad you are having good weather...enjoy it before it becomes too darn hot to enjoy.
    Take care,
    Suz.

    oh, that 'hungry' monster guy you put on your fridge...he crept into my dreams last night and was trying to break into my house!!! What is up with that???

    ReplyDelete
  18. You ARE Gorgious!! In all of those pictures. I have learned to love my "mommy scars" as I call them.... stretch marks, lack of lower abdominal flatness (okay it's a pudge), etc.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the weight loss - you are making steady progress and that's the healthiest way. Oh and I think you are hot in all of your pictures...even recent ones!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look amazing!!! Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I left you an award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. you look amazing in those pics! and good for you on the weight loss! I too look at pics of stars and such and think I want to look like that, but they just have access to so many things that we don't! Chefs, trainers, nannies! I wonder if they could even make it a day in our shoes?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think you look great NOW! You are so pretty. Great job with the 2.8 pounds that is amazing! I know what you are saying about being busy. I feel like things are getting crazier and crazier with the end of school. I am hoping to have lots of time to relax and do projects when school is over.

    Keep up the good work!!!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Incredible pics! You look great!

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say because I'd love to hear it!! I appreciate you stopping by and taking the time to comment. Comments make my day!!