As most of you already know, I recently started to plan my dinner menu in advance. This is the third week and all is going well. This week I decided to join Menu Planning Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie. Laura is a girl after my own heart. She calls herself the resident "freak with a crazy passion for organizing". I thought I was organized but she puts me to shame. :-) My friends April and Amber led me to Laura. Thank you girls!!
Menu planning has relieved quite a bit of stress surrounding meal time. Of course I don't stick to the menu 100% of the time as sometimes I have to switch days for whatever reason. I've really gotten my groove on and I'm loving it!!! Previously I was a bit apprehensive about trying new recipes for fear they wouldn't taste good. Well how am I ever supposed to know whether they work for us if I don't try them? Good cooks aren't afraid to try new things. That's my thought process. I'm a decent cook but I want to be a better cook....and enjoy myself at the same time.
Here is what our menu looks like for this week:
Monday: BBQ grilled chicken thighs, rice pilaf and green beans
Tuesday: Pork chops with Panko Italian style bread crumbs and creamy orzo with sauteed spinach
Wednesday: Chicken puff pastry shells, no-yolk egg noodles and sauteed zucchini, squash & onions
Thursday: Turkey burgers, homemade french fried potatoes and sweet corn
Friday: Various baked fish, rice and green beans. (Kyle, the tall, dark and handsome one and I all prefer different fish.)
Saturday: Pot luck
Sunday: HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!
Today was just gorgeous. The boys and I went to our friend, Brady Doyle's, 5th birthday party. They had lawn bowling, hockey, baseball, bubbles and more games, food and cake. Lots of fun was had by all. Little Miss Peyton stayed home to nap. We don't want her waking up in the middle of the night from being overstimulated and missing her beauty rest. Oh no we don't. I have to get up for the gym in the morning remember. :-)
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!
Much love from NJ,
It's Monday...
17 years ago



Great idea, I need to do this too! Sounds like a yummy week!
ReplyDeleteHAve a great rest of your night!
Tanielle
Love your menu planning. I will be over for Dinner on Wednesday...what time is good for you????
ReplyDeleteI wish I could plan more than 2 meals at a time....today, I found in my trunk an entire rotissorie chicken...I bought it on THURSDAY!!!! What is wrong with ME? (my biggest problem with this? that poor chicken gave up his life and it was for no one. :()
The party sounds nice...glad you are getting some nice weather for a change. Enjoy it.take care, Suz
I think I'll come over with Busy Bee! I just found your blog of MMP and everything looks great!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a yummy week at your house. I love trying new recipes. Your right, you never know when something is going to be good unless you try it! Although my husband disagrees. He would be happy eating the same five things every week!
ReplyDeleteYour week sounds so good! I love trying new recipes and try to do a couple each week and we are rarely disappointed. Now...If I could just get the kids to eat what I make....
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
My mother keeps a chart for grocery shopping with ALL the meals for the week planned out. We have added baked fish at least weekly to our menu and we eat spaghetti at least twice a month (because it's easy). I let J.T. and Abby help with low-fat beef burgers (Krabby Patties, as they called them), hoping it would entice my picky eater (J.T.) to taste something new. It didn't. But we had fun cooking as a family!
ReplyDeleteYour menu plan looks great!
ReplyDeleteAre your kids good eaters? My boys can be fussy,especially when it comes to trying new things.
I need to start doing a menu planner too.
Amanda x
Way to go! I think advanced planning is KEY for losing weight and being healthy. When I don't plan in advance then I end up going out to eat or shopping when I'm hungry (no good) or just binging.
ReplyDeleteKeep up all your hard and diligent work!!
Your menu sounds wonderful! We will be over tomorrow night, K? I'll bring the hair clippers and cut the boys hair...
ReplyDeleteUntil we move away from our crazy neighbors, I guess I will just have to plan my own meals, huh?
Mrs. Nurse Boy
Hey there! Hope you don't mind the comment from a newbie here. Love love your idea of menu planning for the whole week. Trying to get myself into that routine so we eat healthier meals and I'm not running to the grocery store every two days!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog :)
Ok, I'm eating over at your house on Wednesday night AND Thursdays set another plate out!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteWow, can I come over for dinner? I don't have the luxury of creating such wonderful, different meals as my husband is SO picky! I'm going to have to check out that website, too. :)
ReplyDeleteI need to start getting SERIOUSLY organized now that I'm returning to the world of cubicles & commuting (and still being a full time mom). I'll have to check out this organizational website. (I'll probably be in tears shortly....) :)
ReplyDelete