HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!
My hubby had Good Friday off so we dyed Easter eggs. It was fun and went off without a hitch. It's amazing what an extra pair of adult hands can do. Works wonders.
This was Easter morning last year. I snapped a picture of the kids on the steps. Peyton was so little. Her hair has grown in so much more than I remembered and she was cooperative back then.
Now onto this year. I forgot to snap a picture first thing before the sugar rush kicked in. So here's what we got.
This was Peyton's face most of the morning. She certainly has a mind of her own. This will serve her well when she's all grown up. But for right now, it's been a bit trying of late.
Ahhh see how nice we are when we're getting what we want? Super sweet. Even angelic-like.
Happy. Dancing. Smiling. Fun to be 2.

Playing with her shadow.
This was taken at my sister-in-law's house and I was happy no one was crying and they were actually standing upright. The boys were acting so shy. They hid under the table for the first good hour we were there. They finally loosened up and that's when this picture was taken. They were hungry and decided they should come out if they wanted food.
My niece snapped a few family shots for us. Everyone was at least looking in the general direction of the camera. I'd say this was a success. Next time I'll focus on getting everyone to look at the camera and smile at the same time. My kids should be in college by then but I'm going to keep trying until we get something decent. So far this is the best that's been taken to date.

******************
Menu Plan Monday
My hubby is leaving for a business trip to California tomorrow morning. The kids are off for Spring Break and I would have loved to have gone. He's going to the City of Angels and San Francisco. LA is supposed to be in the high 70's for the entire week. I can feel the warmth already. But nope, snap out of it, we're not going so don't dwell on it.
This won't be a normal week for my Menu Plan Monday since Rob is going to be away. I have a couple of days off so to speak.
Here's what this week's menu looks like:
Monday - Baked pork chops
Tuesday - Lemon Parmesan-Crusted chicken
Wednesday - I'm going out to dinner with some girlfriends so the kids will be getting Baked French Toast for dinner. I found the recipe on Meg's blog. It's super easy and delish.
Thursday - Kyle is spending the night at my Grandma's house (Mima as my kids call her) and Brady is spending the night at my Mom's house (Oma). Sooo Peyton won't touch most of my food with a 10 foot pole which means I'm on my own. Can anyone give me a WOOT WOOT for only having to deal with my two year old who takes an afternoon nap and goes to sleep at 7:30 pm?? Whatever will I do with myself! I'm thinking a BLT wrapper for dinner. This translates to 3 Weight Watchers points. wrap = 1 point, 2 pieces of Jennie-O extra lean turkey bacon = 1 point and 1 tsp. mayo = 1 point. The tomato and lettuce are zero.
Friday - Planning to take the kids to McDonald's to run around and play in the icky play area. My hubby thinks he may be home late on Saturday if he works 15 hour days. Can you tell he doesn't really like to be away from his kids? I told him to stay and enjoy himself for a little while. He's supposed to stay for the weekend anyway and fly back on Monday. Now if that were me, I'd be sightseeing and enjoying the peace and quiet while I could. :-)



I LOVE all your Easter pictures...you DO have your hands full with the little 2 year old angel. :) You are right...it will serve her well ONE day...right now, it is work for you. But good work...right? The family is gorgous...you and hubby make lovely little children.
ReplyDeleteOk, menu planning...let's see which day I will be coming over for dinner this week...hmmmmm...Tuesday. I love Lemon. I love parmesan. I love chicken. I will bring a bottle of white. You don't count wine points do you??????
Suz
You have some wonderfull pictures of the whole family and it looks like most of you had a happy Easter. Peyton will grow out of her upset moments ver soon now.
ReplyDeleteYou hubby sounds like a wonderfull daddy to want to come home as soon as possable. You have a wonderfull time out on Wensday with your friends. Now I am off to check out the baked french toast reciepe.
Love and hugs XXXXOOOO
I love the picture of Peyten crying! We finally got passed that stage with Sweet Pea. I am still exhausted from it! It does get better, though. Those little girls and their emotions...
ReplyDeleteMrs. Nurse Boy
Yummy! Can I drop in for supper, say... Tuesday? I'll do the dishes!!
ReplyDeleteWe consider any picture with NO CRYING a success. Gorgeous pictures.
P.S. What is this cooperation of which you speak? I've forgotten.
The Easter pics came out great! And WOO HOO for a "night off" with cooking! :-)
ReplyDeleteOne child for a day . . . heaven. And really, you're easter pics aren't as bad as you think they are!
ReplyDeleteWow - that is a BEAUTIFUL family photo!!
ReplyDeleteHope your husband is having a nice time in California. We're having wonderful weather right now... :)
Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about Arielle's way of always getting what she wants! It will serve her well when grown up but for now it is trying and difficult. The four's made a small appearance but then dissapeared and haven't been seen since. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteYour little girl looks so much like you, both beautiful!
-Desiree
I love that pink easter basket and pink tutu! So girly :)
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures ~ so glad that you had a great easter.
ReplyDeleteLove and big hugs Tab XXX
it is a bit chilly and over cast today in L.A. and very windy. just thought you should know!
ReplyDeleteLove the Easter photos of your beautiful children- Peyton looks very spunky!
ReplyDeleteAnd lemon-Parmesan crusted chicken?! YUMMY!
(Wandered over from Sheye's blog)
The pictures are GORGEOUS! I remember those 2 year old tears.... oh BOY how I remember those 2 year old tears!
ReplyDeleteYou look wonderful, btw! :-)
such nice pictures and a beautiful family...
ReplyDeletesilvia.
First off, I love love love your daughter's name!
ReplyDeleteSecond, I love that you do "meal planning Monday"...is that an every week thing?
Third, your family is beautiful and I think that family shot turned out great.