
This is week 4...or 5 of Extreme Makeover-Me Edition depending on if you counted the first week as #1 (which I did). Sweet Amber is hosting this gig. If you want to learn more about it pop on over to her site.
The week went ok. Things got a little crazy busy over the weekend after my husband got home from California. Not before if you can believe it. Kyle started t-ball and Sheye's Eye Candy Explore Workshop began. This is something that I've been looking forward to for literally months and months. Wouldn't you know it the kids decided to act up the day it started. I wanted to stick pins in my eyes I was so upset. Life has become so busy that I've been MIA from the blog world. If you've been wondering where I've been or why I haven't been commenting as much that's why. I haven't really had much time on the computer. That's probably a good thing in a way. I miss my bloggy friends though. Funny how all of you have crept into my everyday life. I still haven't told any of my friends about my blog...but I've considered it. I'm trying to decide who to let in on my dirty little secret first. :-)
It's hard to admit, but the busier life becomes the less everything gets done. Big secret, right. I'm the type of person that likes to have everything done. Everything has a place and I like to keep organized. I don't like when things are done half-arsed. That's not me and it bugs me when things aren't done all the way. A good friend of mine said you simply can't do everything and do it well. It's impossible. I've started to realize that and be ok with that over the last few months. Taking care of myself is always a last priority as well and I'm fighting to make myself important. It's extremely hard for me. That's why I've chosen to get up so early to work out. My knee feels so much better and only hurt on Monday so I took the day off from exercising.
The weigh-in went well today. I lost 1.6 lbs. It's so true that you can never tell what the scale will read. I started the week off by doing everything I had planned on doing. Turns out the out of sight out of mind plan worked. After Rob came home on Saturday night I started to get a little off track by Sunday afternoon which led to being off track on Monday and Tuesday as well. I was worried I screwed things up. Thank goodness it worked out.
Amber's question for this week is:
Share some of the music that you work out to. What helps you rock it!? What gets your blood pumpin?
- Beyonce - If I Were a Boy or Single Ladies
- Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Leona Lewis - Better in Time
- Pink - Sober
- Kanye West - Stronger
- Jordin Sparks - No Air and Tattoo
- Kelly Clarkson - Walk Away
- Mary J. Blige - Be Without You
- Christina Aguilera - Beautiful, The Voice Within, What a Girl Wants
- Feist - I Feel It All
- Tina Turner - The Best
- Bo Bice - The Real Thing
- Lifehouse - Whatever it Takes
- Elton John - Bennie & the Jets, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Crocodile Rock
- Michelle Branch - Goodbye to You
- Coldplay - Violet Hill
- Nickelback - Someday
- 3 Doors Down - Here Without You
- Rob Thomas - Little Wonders
My goals this week are:
~drink lots of water
~eat healthy
~exercise
~limit snacking
~STAY MOTIVATED
I bought a little orange monster magnet from Weight Watchers. He's called HUNGRY. I keep him on my refrigerator to remind me to stay out of there unless I'm really hungry, not because I'm bored or stressed. Hopefully it will help. In the first picture Peyton ran in her room while I was getting ready one morning. I called her and she came running back with that ensemble on.
This week Amber made a good point. She referenced the ebbs and flows of eating nutritiously and exercising. It's like the rest of life. Some days are good and some days are bad. She was spot on with that. It's hard to remember that sometimes but when I do it keeps me motivated. I hope all of you had a good week and if you didn't try to stay focused and don't lose faith. It's hard when life gets in the way but we have to make time for ourselves. We are important. If you didn't have a good week get right back on the wagon and all of this hard work will pay off eventually. I keep envisioning myself slimmer and toned.
Good luck!
Much love from NJ,


Hi Sue! Thanks for visiting my blog :) I hear you about the letting go of perfection thing. Great job on the loss.
ReplyDeleteCute photo on the header! Have a great week.
I so know how you feel about not having time for yourself, or making your self the last priority. I think that is normal for moms to feel this way. Blogging is time for us, in a way, even though all we do is right about family. It is good to see/hear that you are working to acheive your goal for yourself. I hope you continue to be successful.
ReplyDelete-Desiree
That's a very important point ~ make time for yourself! Yet we rarely ever do!
ReplyDeleteWell done on your weight loss ~ you are doing and looking great.
Love your songs on your list ~ i think we have the same taste in music!
Have a great week ahead,
love,
Amanda x
Great job losing again! It feels so good when that scale number is smaller than the week before!
ReplyDeleteLove the fridge magnet idea! Have and awesome week!
Keep Going! i am cheering you on. I somehow gained a pound eating nothing - well not nothing but a lot of protein and limited fat and carbs. annoying. and I am working out. I'm hoping it was water and will disappear.
ReplyDeleteAnd perfection? that's for losers....no way can you do it all. and you know what? Some things don't need perfection, they just need "doing."!
keep up the good work and I'll be checking in!
Oh it is SO true it's hard to get everything done and do it all well! I always feel like I'm treading water (or drowning!) Kudos to you for your weight loss this week, I love hearing about all the progress everyone's making!
ReplyDeleteYayyy!! A loss! Good for you. I think that it's sometimes better to just forget about what you're "supposed" to be doing and not worry about your results. It worked out well for you this week.
ReplyDeleteNeed to get me some more tunes...loving the lists!
xoxo ~Lisa
I loved that picture of your daughter. SO very cute! You really impress me with all this. I know I've said it before, but really, you do.
ReplyDeleteWoohoo, 1.6 pounds! How many sticks of butter is that?! :) Great job. I am so impressed with your motivation to exercise!
ReplyDeleteI think "Hungry" is very cute....not fun, but cute!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your song choices also..you have good taste!!
Glad the knee is better....take care, suz
Oh congrats on the 1.6 lbs!! You should be proud!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are doing awesome!!! Good for you!!!
ReplyDeleteMrs. Nurse Boy
Sue,
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting my blog. I like your music too. When I read the question it was like my mind just went blank and I am thinking dah......... Crazy!
I love your last paragraph about staying focused. I did wonderful at the beginning of the year and messed up my knee when I fell on in my house. I had lost 17 pounds and I think I have put it all back on. It has been a struggle to get the motivation back. I am trying though. Hugs, Bobbi Jo
great job staying on track and losing 1.6 lbs! I live your list of music and that little hungry doll. I need one!
ReplyDeleteI love the butter analogy! It sounds like you are doing well!! Keep at it!
ReplyDeleteI have been super busy myself. I feel like I am behind on all my friends blogs. I feel like I will never catch up! Great music list! Beyonce is one of my faves!!
That Peyton sure is a cutie! Congrats on a good week, I love reading encouraging posts! I often get the 'if I can't get it finised properly why even start' blues so you can imagine how much gets ignored... But thanks to this post I am about to plug in the iPod on my 'feel good' playlist and clean that blasted kitchen so I can bake something with my babies this afternoon! Thanks for the encouragement I needed!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWoo Hoo!! Rock on with the 1.6 lb weight loss!
ReplyDeleteAnd hope you had a great weekend when your hubby returned from CA!!
Good luck to you this week!!
ReplyDeleteHi Sue!
ReplyDeleteI like your magnet. What a good idea! Great job with the weight loss! Is your husband gone again this week? Mine travels a lot too!
XOXO
Jen
Hey Sue,
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the weigh in!!!! You are awesome! Love your song list too! I heart Nickelback, one of my favs for sure!
You are doing great, keep up the good work, and your comments always brighten my day. Thanks so much!
Tanielle
Congratulations on the weight loss! I like the comment about the ebb and flow of eating healthy. Very true. Yesterday I would have given my right arm, or at least my thumb, for a big piece of chocolate cake.
ReplyDeleteIt really is so hard to find time for yourself. Even once you are done at the office and the kids are in bed and the house has been tidied up...There is still this husband person who wants attention too (the nerve of him!). And getting up early to exercise is just impossible for some people. I've always been able to do it (not that I've been exercising lately or anything...but I used to wake up early and go to the gym before work). But I know that my husband has a really hard time waking up in the morning. He would never go for the 5 a.m. workout...
ReplyDeleteI'm back again...to let you know I've given you an award on my blog.
ReplyDeleteSlimmer and toned! That's exactly what I want and I can see it...I just need to keep myself motivated now.
ReplyDeleteI love your workout soundtrack and will have to steal a few!
You're awesome, Sue!! Congrats on the loss! I lost 1 pound this week too! Then today it said 2 pounds higher. Hmmmm, darn water weight. I know it will probably readjust again tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteSee, ebb & flow!!
:)
Love your list, love that little monster guy! Love YOU!!
Thanks for sharing your playlist. I have been wanting to put together some music to listen to during my runs :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the weight loss! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Sue,
ReplyDeleteYou are certainly on the right track. I agree. If you fall off the wagon just hop back on and try again. We are only human. Peyton is colour corrdinated in her little outfit and looks adorable. Congratulations on your weight loss. You are doing great.
Love and hugs