
This week started off pretty good. Although I didn't go to the gym on Thursday, (didn't want to over do it being that I worked out 6x last week) I did however go back on Friday morning and ended up working out 4x this week. My goal is to exercise four days every week. (The picture is of Kyle doing the Denise Austin exercise DVD. He was using soup cans instead of dumbbells. :-))
Then the weekend rolled around. I ate...and I ate...and then I ate some more all day Saturday. I went over my points. Thank goodness for the weekly bonus points. Weight Watchers gives you 35 extra points which they call Weekly Points Allowance. You can choose to use a little every day, eat them all in one day or not use any at all. Of course some portion or all of them are used throughout the course of my week. Every week. 6 chocolate oreos were calling my name on Saturday night. That's 9 points. Yes, I said 9 points!!! I'm only allowed 18 points a day. Luckily I earned some activity points for cleaning the house. With that being said, I still went over my points by 10.
On Sunday, Kyle and Brady had a birthday party to attend. I started out drinking a small glass of wine and only had a couple of sips before it got dumped down the drain. If Saturday wasn't such a free-for-all, I would have continued to enjoy the wine. I felt as if I was already behind the eight ball as it was. Next I started to have some pretzels and Heluva Good French Onion dip. Has anyone ever tried this dip before?? It's one of my favorites. It was so good. I had to step away from the buffet table without having a piece of pizza or ice cream cake. I ended up going over my points by 4 on Sunday. Not bad but didn't have a good feeling about staying on track and eating healthy all weekend.
This morning I awoke at 4:55 a.m. and immediately thought it was too late to go to the gym. I still had to get dressed and drive 11-12 minutes away and didn't want to be rushing the whole time unable to concentrate. So what did I do? I grabbed my workout ball and 5 lb. dumbbell weights from my closet and ran downstairs to slip the Denise Austin exercise video into the DVD player. The old me would've rolled over and gone back to sleep. The new me seized the moment and got up out of bed and started moving.
Sweet Amber sent me an e-mail last night. I left her a comment on her blog stating I was scared of the weigh-in today as this week didn't go so well. She said I shouldn't feel that I had to share the actual number from the weigh-in. Just the progress in general. Focus on the good. I knew she was trying to take the pressure off of me. Once she said that, it actually gave me the courage to want to share. Whether it be a gain or loss. Luckily it just happened to be a loss this week. Thank you Amber. I appreciate your kind words. :-) Having said all of that, I really need to be accountable. It's also my goal to keep it real on my blog. Not only to see the good, but the bad and the ugly as well.
Amber's question of the week is "How are you keeping track of your achievements and how do you reward yourself when you achieve a goal?"
The Weight Watchers card that accompanies me each week to my weigh-in is how I keep track of my achievements. It tells me what weight I started at from the very beginning and where I'm at today. It keeps a weekly tally as well as how much weight I've lost (or gained). The Weight Watchers online website does the same thing but also records all of the activity points. It's a great way to keep encouraging yourself to look at how far you've actually come. I tend to forget.
As far as rewarding myself, I think I've done way too much rewarding and not enough cutting back if you know what I mean. Last time I was doing Weight Watchers, I used to come home and have a "free" day so to speak. This meant I could eat whatever I wanted within reason all day on Wednesdays and not be held accountable. That didn't work very well for me as I'm sure you can imagine. Isn't that the very thing that got me here in the first place? LOL This time around with WW I haven't been rewarding myself weekly. My plan is to buy some new summer capris/pants when I've met my goal weight loss. I'm ok with this. I have pep talks with myself a lot as well. I don't need to reward myself every step of the way.
Then the weekend rolled around. I ate...and I ate...and then I ate some more all day Saturday. I went over my points. Thank goodness for the weekly bonus points. Weight Watchers gives you 35 extra points which they call Weekly Points Allowance. You can choose to use a little every day, eat them all in one day or not use any at all. Of course some portion or all of them are used throughout the course of my week. Every week. 6 chocolate oreos were calling my name on Saturday night. That's 9 points. Yes, I said 9 points!!! I'm only allowed 18 points a day. Luckily I earned some activity points for cleaning the house. With that being said, I still went over my points by 10.
On Sunday, Kyle and Brady had a birthday party to attend. I started out drinking a small glass of wine and only had a couple of sips before it got dumped down the drain. If Saturday wasn't such a free-for-all, I would have continued to enjoy the wine. I felt as if I was already behind the eight ball as it was. Next I started to have some pretzels and Heluva Good French Onion dip. Has anyone ever tried this dip before?? It's one of my favorites. It was so good. I had to step away from the buffet table without having a piece of pizza or ice cream cake. I ended up going over my points by 4 on Sunday. Not bad but didn't have a good feeling about staying on track and eating healthy all weekend.
This morning I awoke at 4:55 a.m. and immediately thought it was too late to go to the gym. I still had to get dressed and drive 11-12 minutes away and didn't want to be rushing the whole time unable to concentrate. So what did I do? I grabbed my workout ball and 5 lb. dumbbell weights from my closet and ran downstairs to slip the Denise Austin exercise video into the DVD player. The old me would've rolled over and gone back to sleep. The new me seized the moment and got up out of bed and started moving.
Sweet Amber sent me an e-mail last night. I left her a comment on her blog stating I was scared of the weigh-in today as this week didn't go so well. She said I shouldn't feel that I had to share the actual number from the weigh-in. Just the progress in general. Focus on the good. I knew she was trying to take the pressure off of me. Once she said that, it actually gave me the courage to want to share. Whether it be a gain or loss. Luckily it just happened to be a loss this week. Thank you Amber. I appreciate your kind words. :-) Having said all of that, I really need to be accountable. It's also my goal to keep it real on my blog. Not only to see the good, but the bad and the ugly as well.
Amber's question of the week is "How are you keeping track of your achievements and how do you reward yourself when you achieve a goal?"
The Weight Watchers card that accompanies me each week to my weigh-in is how I keep track of my achievements. It tells me what weight I started at from the very beginning and where I'm at today. It keeps a weekly tally as well as how much weight I've lost (or gained). The Weight Watchers online website does the same thing but also records all of the activity points. It's a great way to keep encouraging yourself to look at how far you've actually come. I tend to forget.
As far as rewarding myself, I think I've done way too much rewarding and not enough cutting back if you know what I mean. Last time I was doing Weight Watchers, I used to come home and have a "free" day so to speak. This meant I could eat whatever I wanted within reason all day on Wednesdays and not be held accountable. That didn't work very well for me as I'm sure you can imagine. Isn't that the very thing that got me here in the first place? LOL This time around with WW I haven't been rewarding myself weekly. My plan is to buy some new summer capris/pants when I've met my goal weight loss. I'm ok with this. I have pep talks with myself a lot as well. I don't need to reward myself every step of the way.
By the way, remember those WW candies from last week? The cherry ones weren't that good, they were kind of tasteless and simply just stuck to my teeth. The cappuccino cream was pretty good. Not sure how much they helped but I would buy them again.
On a completely different subject, I put on my little sweatshirt jacket this morning and started to zip it up when I suddenly felt something. I knew exactly what it was. Can anyone guess what I found? If you said my Driver's License and Am Ex card you would be correct. Surprise surprise. Apparently that was the jacket that was worn to Blockbuster last week and not the one I wore to the gym the very next morning. I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. Well at least no one stole my credit card number. That's a good thing. Before children this never would have happened. I was so on the ball. Even after the second child was born. It's that third one that pushed me right over the edge. God I love Peyton dearly and wouldn't change having her for anything but the one thing I lost is my memory. Oh how I miss it.
Off to the school bus and Weight Watchers. I'll be back later to let you know how it went. Wish me luck!!
***Edited to add
Good news. Somehow I ended up losing .2 lbs. this week. Needless to say I was so relieved. At first glance, I wasn't impressed with this teeny tiny amount of weight. Then I thought to myself that a) it's a loss when it should have been a gain and b) it's comparable to losing almost one whole stick of butter...on my thighs and bum. :-) I'm a very visual person and when it's put to me that way, it makes me happy and proud all at once. Didn't I say the same thing last week? I wish I could realize this as my first thought at the weigh-in and not as an afterthought.
Off to the school bus and Weight Watchers. I'll be back later to let you know how it went. Wish me luck!!
***Edited to add
Good news. Somehow I ended up losing .2 lbs. this week. Needless to say I was so relieved. At first glance, I wasn't impressed with this teeny tiny amount of weight. Then I thought to myself that a) it's a loss when it should have been a gain and b) it's comparable to losing almost one whole stick of butter...on my thighs and bum. :-) I'm a very visual person and when it's put to me that way, it makes me happy and proud all at once. Didn't I say the same thing last week? I wish I could realize this as my first thought at the weigh-in and not as an afterthought.
I hope all of you had a good week. If not, we just have to pick ourselves back up and start again. Good luck to everyone!!
Much love from NJ,


Yay, Sue, that's wonderful!!! I'd say you had a great week ~ a few indulgences, exercise (and a change of attitude regarding seizing the day!), AND a loss. Good for you!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Liz
Going overboard with your points must have kicked started your metabolism ~ that and all thet exercise that you are doing!
ReplyDeleteWell Done!
Amanda x
You are awesome, great job! You always leave the sweetest comments and make me more motivated!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
Tanielle
Yay for you! Great job! Shoot me an email if you want to hear about a great chocolate product I found (no I'm not selling it! I just love it, and ordered some last night, so I want to share with anyone who wants to know!), anyways I think the bars are only like 2 points...I might be wrong, can't remember what the guy told me!
ReplyDeleteXazmin
I am with you---it was a loss! Yay! Way to go! Here's to a great week! And, more sticks of butter ;0)
ReplyDeleteMrs. Nurse Boy
Good job Sue! You are so dedicated. You have really inspired me! And I had to laugh when you said you thought 4:55 was too late to go to the gym! If I got up at that time, it would be a miracle!
ReplyDeleteGood job on your weigh in too! And any weight lost is a good thing! I need to figure out the whole WW points thing. It would probably make such a difference in keeping track of what I eat!
Great job this week!!!
XOXO
Jen
Sue, that's wonderful! I know how it feels to be scared...like I was this week!!! But take what you get. You still earned it!!! Hopefully the rest will all melt off like "butter"!!!
ReplyDeletexoxo ~Lisa
Great job! A loss is still a loss no matter the size. I think I need to get rid of my free *days* and just have a free *meal*.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
I am so impressed with your persistence! Getting up to work out so EARLY is amazing! Seriously!
ReplyDeleteAnd as far as the MEMORY, sister, can I relate! I used to have a memory like a steel TRAP and now I'm wondering if I have early dementia??!! Just kidding, but STILL!!
PS: Give Chloe a little hug. I miss "our" Chloe SO MUCH (she's been gone almost 4 years now... hard to believe!)
ReplyDeleteYou deserve a big ol' pat on the back. You are resisting the urges....still working out and doing a great job all around. Hey, you are still human...well since you are a mom you are SUPER human. :)
ReplyDeleteThe credit card/DL really cracked me up....how, if only you could turn back time!!!
I have a good friend who also told me years ago...one child was work, two was a bit more work and number three...heck that just put me over the edge!!!!! :)
You feel the same way. I agree too, though I would NOW love to have a number three...heck it can only be MORE fun. :)
take care,
suz
Small steps are still steps. I struggled on the weekend. Caved in on some chocolate chip cookies. Deprivation isn't good though and it's not like you gorged on thousands of calories of food i.e. last night's Biggest Loser. You are doing very well. Over the last year, my weight loss has fluctuated and I've never consistently lost weight from week to week. Some weeks half a pound, some weeks, 2 pounds, sometimes gaining a pound or even two. I struggle with points so I'm just doing portion control. I do like the Weight Watcher's Smart Ones meals though.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the good birthday wishes!
ReplyDeleteyou did great! I would have rolled over and went to sleep.... woo hoo for the loss! Keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteStaci
ps I am from NJ!
You are too much! I just love reading your posts! Sorry it took me so long to finish it and comment though!
ReplyDeleteThat's great on the loss! I love your outlook. And that picture of Kyle is adorable, lol. Blackmail! :) I also used to cut myself a little slack on Wednesdays, also my weigh in day every time I did WW. My friend and I would get Chinese or something like that, lol. But I guess I didn't do a whole day, I'd just do a free meal.
I have GOT to get on track and start losing again. After my brother & fam leave on Saturday, I'm going to get back on track next week. I need to start exercising again! I think I gained your stick of butter on my rear, lol. Because my clothes are feeling a little snug. :(
I also laughed about your 4:55 comment. I NEVER, and I mean NEVER get up that early. It would never even be considered! lol. Props to you though. It seems like you have some early risers. Glad it's not me! :)
Thanks for the shout out as well. OF COURSE I don't mind you sharing! I trust you. :)
Have a great day!
Love, Amber
Wow, you are one determined lady! Good for you :-) I am sure it will all pay off. Thanks for the birthday wishes!!!
ReplyDelete-Desiree
Even .2 pounds is a great accomplishment! It sounds like you're doing well on your journey. Happy Friday.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on your 2 lbs. Hey any loss is a GREAT thing in my book! I so need to get back on track! UGH!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah! Happy Easter weekend! He is risen!
ReplyDeleteI'm just an ex Jersey guy who still loves NJ! Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteHi Sue, congrats on losing weight, you are such an inspiration... getting up at 4.55am & exercising... good for you! Hope you have a Happy Easter enjoy the day with your family :)
ReplyDeletelove,
Tanya xxx
p.s
Thanks for stopping by my blog & for your lovely comments :) xx
Happy Easter dear friend!
ReplyDeleteI hope that you survive all the chocolate....my willpower is being tested to the full ha ha !
Love and big hugs Tab XXX