My boys are either the best of friends or sworn enemies. I thought I had seen it all up until this morning. They bicker over the most nonsensical things. I know I did it with my sister and I'm sure that most of the rest of the people on the planet with siblings did it as well. It's a right of passage into adulthood I guess. The boys went running into the bathroom pushing and shoving that both of them had to go poopy first. They were yelling and crying I had to go poopy first, NO I had to go poopy first. I'm serious. We have 3 bathrooms so it's not as if they have to wait their turn. If you must go that badly and it simply cannot wait, then please go into another one!! I couldn't believe my ears and had to laugh.
I went out with the girls last night. We went to a neighbor's house to play Bunko. Anyone ever play that before? It's a dice game. There are 3 die. Everyone contributed $10. You play 2 rounds of 6 games. There are 3 tables with 4 people at each table. Each table consists of two teams. One table is designated as the head table. The head table has to ring a bell to start. The first game you have to roll 1's, second game you have to roll 2's, third game is 3's, well you get the idea until the 6th game. Each dice rolled with the correct number is 1 pt. If you roll triple 1's during the 1st game it's called a Bunko. (That's 3 points.) If in the first game you roll triple 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's or 6's it's called a mini Bunko. You have to play until the head table reaches 21 points and then they ring the bell to stop. Each person has an individual score card and each table has a separate score sheet as well so the two teams know who wins and who loses that game. You have to note it on your score card whether your team won or lost. You also have to note if you got any mini Bunkos or Bunkos (I never got a Bunko by the way). Whichever team won at your table then gets to stay put. The losers have to switch to another table. You can't be partners with the same person you were partners with in the last game. So you have to switch partners. NOW that was just game one. You have to play all the way up to 6. So the next game you have to roll 2's. I was not very lucky last night. Almost every time I would roll I wouldn't even get one die on the correct number!! If you roll triple 2's that's called a Bunko. (3 pts) If you roll triple 1's, 3's, 4's, 5's, or 6's in the second game it's called a mini Bunko. (3 more pts) It's the same way for the third, fourth, fifth and sixth games. It's pretty easy once you get going. I've been interrupted about a bazillion times while trying to write this so hopefully I haven't totally lost you. :) Games 1-6 are only the first round. You have to do another whole round of 6 games. At the end of both rounds you total up who has the most wins, the most losses, the most mini Bunkos and the most Bunkos. There were cash prizes for each category. I.didn't.win.a.single.dime. I have always considered myself to be a lucky person. Apparently in the real world I'm not really lucky. Some of those girls were born with a lucky horseshoe up their arse. I still consider myself lucky but not when it comes to winning things. My voice is hoarse today from screaming so much last night. It was so much fun! Yes...even though I didn't win. My turn to host the party is in September. Don't know how the kids will fare so I may have to ship some of them off to my parent's house so they can get some sleep. I've heard stories that these games can go well into 2, 3 or 4 a.m.
The host has to supply the alcohol and everyone else brings an appetizer or a dessert. I am so happy I didn't throw caution to the wind and get snockered last night because I went to bed around 1:30 a.m. and Mr. Chips had me up at 6:30 a.m. looking for a toy. I had my first hangover since having children a couple of weeks ago. NEVER AGAIN!! I was drinking chocolate martinis and then for some reason unbeknownst to me I thought it would be a great idea to do shots of lemon drops. (That's straight vodka for those of you who don't drink.) They went down so easily and tasted like water. Really? What? I can't explain it to this day. It was a really fun night but I ended up getting 3 hours of sleep and was very hung over the next day. I was visiting the royal thrown if you know what I mean. Not pretty and as most of you know kids are oblivious so it was a real fun day. Not. Next time I plan to throw back a couple of shots like a college kid I'll have to negotiate the day after with my husband so it's not so torturous.
My husband took my oldest son to a swimming birthday party at the YMCA. It's 6:00 at night. I've never heard of a kids' party starting that late before. It's winter and it's cold and it's dark outside. It feels a little odd that I'm not going but it's cold, it's winter and it's dark outside...so I'm happy to be all warm and cozy at home.
Hope you're all enjoying the weekend.
Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo


Oh my gosh, so funny! First, that game sounds like fun. Like I said awhile back when hearing my husband rattle off the rules, all I heard {or read} was pretty much "blah blah blah", but ANY game that gets me OUT OF THE HOUSE, with GROWN UPS, and ALL GIRLS none the less, sounds like an AWESOME time to me!
ReplyDeleteI am so in need of a night out. I don't think I'd get sloshed either, especially with the nights I've been having with Saylor {up most of it}. I'd make a flying leap to the world's worst parent list.
Oh and ya, I've been dealing with fighting kids all day too. Yes, even a combination of a 7 year old and a 19 month old fight. I NEVER would have thought, but apparently sisterhood knows NO boundaries!
Maybe you should have an impromptu Bunco night at your house tonight. Minus the bunco. Minus the girls. Add your husband. And keep the alcohol. :)
My girls do the same thing. And we have 3 bathrooms too. I don't really get it.
ReplyDeleteMy boys would argue with each other that black was white! Everyday!!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of your boys together with your dog in the background watching them. Cute!
That sounds like a great game and i can easily see how it can go into the wee hours of the morning!
A hangover and kids don't mix well LOL! But we all have to let our hair down every now and then!
Love,
Amanda x
It is entirely possible that anything with girls can go into the wee hours of the morning. Add a few drinks and something to laugh about and it's almost a given!
ReplyDeleteglad you had a great time!
Thanks again for the kind words on my blog! I try to keep things simple and stream-lined. I don't like junk and clutter. It works for me I guess!
ReplyDeleteI have a similar story about my work xmas party this year. I ended up throwing up before and after the party and being very hung over the next day. It was a first in a LONG time for me as well.
I guess it's something we all need to get off our chest once in a while, huh?
-Desiree
Yep ~ my children are the same, they will argue about anything!!
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of that game before, sounds like fun!!
Love and hugs Tabitha XXX
Oh, Sue - I am laughing SO HARD!!!! First, at the boys practically breaking into a fistfight over who is going to poop first! Hilarious!!
ReplyDeleteAnd second, over the 'midlife hangover'.... I REALLY should blog about my experience wtih that several years back. It was New Years Eve and APPARENTLY I thought I was 22 again. Long story short - I had NOT had dinner - but thought having a couple of cosmopolitans on an empty stomach was a good idea (!!). Luckily, the kids were sound asleep and oblivious to their HAMMERED mother downstairs. AND, luckily my amused husband was babysitting me. But I was SMASHED. And the next morning was BRUTAL.
LOL - your story was hilarious!!
Sue - just read this today 1/26) Too funny. I play Bunko too but this month I completely forgot to show up. It's fun, not so much the game, but the company and of course the drinks and food and gossip.
ReplyDeleteI had a nasty hangover last saturday. Too much wine and I didn't pace myself very well but the guest of honor was passed out on the sofa snoring so at least I had one up on her I was still upright.
Take care, Denisexx
children don't follow the rules of sleeping in when mommy has a hangover, do they?
ReplyDeletefun times.
my girls had a poopy party the other day...one on the regular toilet, one on the potty seat.
they kept saying it and laughing. i was totally cool with it ... as long as the little one joined in! and she did! yeah for potty-training big sisters!
I just noticed your yellow Lab in this picture - I love the intent little look! Looking for squirrels, perhaps? My chocolate Lab LOVES chasing squirrels.... and she's getting SOOO close to catching them (not sure what will happen when she does!)
ReplyDeleteHope you're having a good week, Sue! :)