Monday, January 12, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow...







Yup you guessed it. It snowed again here on Saturday into Sunday. We didn't get near as much snow as we were supposed to (thank goodness)! The weather man was wrong. My oldest son (5 yr old) got off the bus from school on Friday and declared we had to rush home so he could put his pajamas on inside out, flush an ice cube down the potty and sleep with a spoon underneath his pillow. I was confused as I'm sure you are. One of his little friends from school, Truman, said this was a snow dance. I quickly told him that the weatherman said it was already going to snow so there was no need to do the snow dance. Now he thinks I know the weatherman personally. It's a kick. He wanted to know what he looks like, what he said, etc., etc. I think I need to explain that to him. Funny what thoughts go through their little minds.







Although we didn't get as much snow as was called for, the kids were able to go outside and play and that was just enough snow for me. It was very cold but what is it about kids that they just don't feel the cold? My daughter (2 year old) wanted to go outside well after the boys came in to take a bath...in the hot tub as they like to call it. (It's really just a jacuzzi tub in the master bath.) So I let her. She had a ball and kept eating the snow but didn't like that it was cold.





I love this shot although it looks like a ball of nothing. It's the 2 boys with my hubby and the dog sliding down the hill. Love action shots. Please forgive the quality of these pictures. I really need to take Sheye Rosemeyer's Explore Workshop next time around. It's something I'm looking forward to.




I'm off to get the kids ready for school this morning. Hope you enjoyed the snow as much as my kids. :)

Much love from NJ,
Suz
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. I love the look on your little marshmallow... er... ah... daughters face.

    She looks like she can barely believe you are going to let her play in the snow! How exciting. Tell her to have a roll in the snow for me!

    thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that looks like SUCH fun! I really hope we'll get some snow here this year. It has been SOO long since we've had enough snow for the kids (and dogs) to frolick in!

    Loved the photos - everyone was clearly having such fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, Suz. I love to look at the snow, but hate to get in it! Good thing we never get any here! :) Except up in the mountains, of course. So we could go most anytime we want, but do we? Nope!! We're wierd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just happened upon your blog. Love it! I WILL be back. Looks like we have a lot in common. I also have 2 boys and 1 girl. They are 9, 6, and 2 1/2 years old. Keeps life interesting, doesn't it?! You have beautiful children. I LOVED the snow dance! How cute!

    Mrs. Nurse Boy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there ~ thought that I would pop over and say hello! I love your blog ~ will have to come back over and read some more!
    I love your snow photos ~ I love snow!
    Wish we had some here ~ we are just back to rain, rain and more rain ha ha !! (typical Britain!!).
    Take care ~ love and hugs Tabitha XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there!
    It's my first time visiting to your blog ~ your kids are so adorable and they look like that are having a great time in the snow. Wish we could get a little snow too!
    l,
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having just experienced snow in your part of the world I know it can be fun...and COLD. For Aussie kids unused to seeing snow on the streets it was such a treat.

    Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids keep asking when it will snow here. Since here is in south Georgia.... I'm guessing not soon. They are devastated. It last snowed here when I was in college. You'd be amazed how an inch of the white stuff shuts down everything here! Thanks for your lovely comment.

    P.S. Your three "peas" are adorable! Still MUST do the Christmas (or mid-January, as Fairlie calls it) card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! Thanks for the comment! Your daughter has the same EXACT snow suit as mine! Isn't that too funny? My best friend lives in New Jersey. Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Enjoy the snow and stay out of the cold..if that is possible at the same time :-)
    -Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mummy McTavish you hit the nail on the head. My daughter was thrilled I let her out. Last year she was too little but this year, she's off and running. She's 2 going on 10!

    HappyWifeHappyLife - I hope you get some snow too. It makes the kids so happy. They just don't feel the cold for some reason.

    Amber, if I lived somewhere where it didn't snow I wouldn't rush to the snow either. Maybe I'm weird too! :)

    Mrs. NurseBoy we do have a lot in common! 3 kids keep it interesting and fun. Thanks for visiting.

    Tabitha, I left you a comment in the giveaway post so I apologize for repeating myself but do you get snow in the UK? What is the weather like there?

    Amanda, thanks for stopping by. I wish someone else would get snow besides NJ too! I'll try to send some your way....

    Fairlie, you're so lucky it's summer down under. I'm so envious. I've always wanted to go to Australia since I was a little girl. Another thing that's on my life list.

    Melinda, I have a friend that lives in Georgia and it's funny you should mention that a little snow shuts everything down. That's exactly what my she says!

    Desiree, thanks for stopping by. My daughter got that snowsuit for Christmas from her Goddaddy. I just love it! I had 2 boys first so I've been on a pink kick for 2 years and still going strong! Where does your friend live in NJ???

    Thank you all for commenting. It brightens my day!

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say because I'd love to hear it!! I appreciate you stopping by and taking the time to comment. Comments make my day!!