Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dear God...

it's me Susan. I'm not as young as I once was so please ensure the stomach bug is a 12 hour thingy this time around instead of a 24-48 hour virus like the other two lovelies had earlier this week. Also, if Brady could make it to the potty instead of just sitting up in bed and rolling over that would be a bonus. If not, I'll settle for the 12 hour shift.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation.

Sincerely,



23 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Sue.Do you have it too?? Or just Brady now? I'm so sorry. That's no fun. And all of the other madness that it brings along with it, like thousands of piles of laundry, dishes, towels, pans, etc, floor cleaning.

    I will definitely be saying some prayers for you & your entire cute family.

    Amber
    XOXOXOXO

    P.S. That was the sweetest message that you left for Sheye. My heart is just broken for her, and I can never find anything soothing to say. Not like it would take away any pain. But just to know that there are people out there, that care, and are praying. My heart is also so heavy for her today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! I am so sorry! I hope for your sake it's the 12 hour. Sometimes it helps to keep a bucket or garbage next to the bed. It's closer than the bathroom and easier to clean up than sheets. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!
    I hope you are all better today ~ there is nothing worse than D&V.
    Much Love,
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope God is listening to your plaintiff cry for help. How dreadfull to be so sick. It seems like when one comes down with something like this it is bound to go round the other family memebers. Hope it does not last long. Keep your fluids up.
    Sending you love and hugs XXXXOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a signature ~ i love it!
    Hope you are a bit better now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww. so sorry you are down and out. Stinks that you still have to be a caregiver, even when YOU need care. Hope it passes quickly for you. take care, suz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks girls! I haven't gotten sick yet only the kids so far. I hope it bypasses me completely although I wouldn't mind losing a few pounds. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ewwww, ick. I hope it passes quickly through your house and leaves with minimal mess!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yuck! Stay well Susan. It's bad enough cleaning up after a stomach bug without getting it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear that things have gotten better since you posted this! The stomach flu is the worst. And moms don't get sick days...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I spoke too soon. Right when the Oscars went on was about the time I started visiting the porcelain thrown. A rough night. I definitely lost weight :-) but now I need someone to take care of my kids today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get better quickly! I think you need someone to take care of you too, not just the kids.

    Ohhh, I'm feeling so sorry for you... it's just so yucky to be blowin' chunks and still have people needing you.

    Still, I don't know about you but my toilet is never as clean as when I'm sick! I am obsessive about it if I need to be getting my head that close to it. Pine-o-clean wipes and glen20 spray sit on top of the cistern and I clean it over and over during the day. I much prefer a chuck-bucket as long as I don't have to be the one to clean it out;)

    Is this too much chunder talk for one comment???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Being a sick MOm is the worst! Who takes care of the caretaker? We had it two weeks ago. So far, I have avoided it. Which is good, because I am the world's worst stomach bug patient. I'd rather have the flu. Hope you are enjoying jello and crackers and anything that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you feel better soon. Love the new blog layout! Hang in there...
    -Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  15. There should be a rule that mom's can't get sick...don't you think?

    Get well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just got done playing Cooties!

    Got your comment, you were not the reason at all! I just decided to announce it since it has been the reason I haven't blogged in a while.

    Hope you feeling better...

    -Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for visiting, and commenting on my blog!

    You know, before I was pregnant and on bed rest, I watched very very little tv. Now I have a set tv schedule each day, and shows I watch Monday-Thursday...it's crazy!!

    I'll have to look into Dancing with the Stars. :)

    I hope you're feeling better, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! No! So very sorry the yuckies won't leave!!!! I am hoping everyone is better by now...

    Mrs. Nurse Boy

    ReplyDelete
  19. so ... was it 12 hours? sorry i'm late on this one ... hope you all are doing much much better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope that your prayers were answered and that you are feeling better!
    We have had some nasty bugs going round here too!
    Love and big hugs ~ Tabitha XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you're feeling better today!!

    To answer your question, I'm due June 14th, but the doc recommends a c-section, so maybe end of May? It'll be here sooner than I think!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. just checking in to see how you are :) Hope you are doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh no!!! Feel better soon. I never know how a family can function when the mom gets sick!!

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say because I'd love to hear it!! I appreciate you stopping by and taking the time to comment. Comments make my day!!