

in St. Barthelemy. I was searching the Internet for a family vacation. I used to work for a senior partner at a law firm. Great guy, very down-to-earth. No one would ever know he made 7 figures. He also used to vacation on St. Barth's every winter. I guess that would be the first clue that he was well off if the conversation ever turned to where he was vacationing that year. Um no, I think that might be a dead giveaway. I can't recall where he used to stay. All I remember is there weren't any phones and I could fax him something if I absolutely had to...which I never did. So anyway, back to my post. I was trying to find a special family vacation for us and plugged in St. Barth's just for kicks. This is what came up. Steve Martin purchased a villa for $9 million. He rents it out for $28,000 a week. That's a drop in the bucket. I'm sure it's worth every.single.penny but I have a better chance of winning the lottery than renting this place. The view is amazing. The villa has four-bedrooms, four-baths and is located in the hills of Lurin. It has a large deck with views of St. Jean Bay. There's also a caretaker's house, large gazebo, pool and lily pond. Sounds simply dreamy. I guess I should add this to my Life List. Why not, it's my List and I can put whatever I want on it no matter how completely outrageous and unrealistic, right? What are we without our dreams. I always read about celebrities vacationing here and now I know why.
Wondering what prompted my search for vacation spots? We're supposed to get a big snow storm tonight into tomorrow night. Somewhere around 10 inches. Spring is 3 short weeks away and I'm so ready for the warmer weather. This has been a long winter and I'm starting to get a bit of cabin fever.
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. We did. We spent Saturday and Sunday attending kiddie birthday parties. So fun!!
Much love from NJ,
photos courtesy of Coastal Living and boston.com


Ummm...is the caretakers home still available?
ReplyDeleteSounds fantastic...surreal.
Stay warm. It will be spring before you know it.
Awww, so sorry! I would love & really, really need & deserve a vacation. We're going to Disneyland in April! Yay!
ReplyDeleteLet us know where you choose!
That place looks dreamy...and, good thing, because I, too, will only be visiting it in my dreams.
ReplyDeleteI am DONE with winter! DONE!!
If I start wearing shorts and sandals, will it start to FEEL like spring?
Whoops! Now I am dreaming again!
Mrs. Nurse Boy
I suppose i could go on a holiday there and sleep on the beach LOL! Just a thought!
ReplyDeleteWe did the same thing last weekend with the twins, they had a party to go to on Saturday and Sunday ~ all these parties gets expensive!
I hope you don't get too much snow! Spring and summer would be nice right now, it's been a long winter.
Not as though we have good summer weather to look forward to in Scotland!
Love,
Amanda x
Sigh... and I bet there are cabana boys with palm frond fans, chocolate with no calories and the little drinks with the umbrellas... excuse me while I borrow your fantasy vacation! Love that first picture. A divine place that I too can only dream about.
ReplyDeleteI will make you a promise now!
ReplyDeleteShould I ever win the Lottery ~ I will take my blog friends for a weeks holiday there ~ it looks gorgeous!!
I can but dream........sigh!!
Love and hugs Tabitha XXXXXX
Ohhhhhh. I want to go to there.
ReplyDeleteThat view is worth every penny! I mean - if you have it.
ReplyDeleteI'd send you some warm weather it I could ship it. I'm getting nervous becuase as much as I hate the heat, we are on the countdown to winter now.
ReplyDeleteHope you get some relief.
Dxxx
Spring, vacation, fresh air? I need these things sooooo bad! lol Where do I sign up? :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for those pics...very beautiful! It has been record-breaking warm here in Denver but we are supposed to get snow this weekend. We need it though so I shouldn't complain. Thanks for your well wishes regarding Arielle's finger. It is getting better by the day.
ReplyDelete-Desiree
I've been dreaming of a warm vacation lately.....
ReplyDeleteSue, thanks for checking in! What a nice surprise to come to your blog and see this villa; ooooooh, winters in the Rocky Mountains means snow, sun, snow, sun, and just when you think the snow is gone, it snows in June. What a cheerful, happy place you've made here in your corner of the Internet.
ReplyDeleteIt has indeed been a long winter for you. Did you get snowed in?
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a fabulous villa! But, you know, just as much fun can be had in a little shack. It's the company and the attitude that make a vacation, not the material surrounds!
Well we are now in autum in our part of the world. Can't say summer was too bad or too hot as I work in air con and also have it at home. Would love to sent you some or warm weather if I could. That does look like a great place to holiday, but then again any place by the water is great. Happy day dreaming/
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs XXXXOOOO
Sue, I just saw your comment, and I can't recommend the alarm clock enough. We started it, set on music and quite soft, at the time he was already getting up. He was under two at the time, but he completely understood that he couldn't get out of bed until he "heard the music". Then over a period of a few weeks, we moved back the time in 15 minute increments until we hit about 6:45. Over time it's evolved to 7 a.m. and all my kids have learned early on what the number 7 looks like and that they stay in bed until they see it.
ReplyDeleteI know, it's Pavlovian and funny, but it works for us!
ooo... can i come too?
ReplyDeletei'll bring along my nanny ... um, i mean nannies ... (for goodness sakes, if i'm gonna dream, i might as well dream big, huh?)
if you see spring ... send her over ... quick.
OHMYGOSH... isn't that amazing?
ReplyDeleteIt's so much fun to fantasize, isn't it???
Although I love my reality, that $1 Lotto ticket buys a nice fantasy.
Hey, if I win Mega Millions tonight, I'll rent out that place for a couple of weeks and your family can come too - how bout that?
We'll have a BLAST!!! :)
Wow! I can't afford the rent, but it's fun to look at and dream.
ReplyDelete