Monday, February 16, 2009

Celebrations and everyday life....




Yesterday we celebrated the boy's birthdays at Westy's Gym. Mr. Chips was 4 on February 4 and Nickelfidget was 6 on the 6th. It was mad chaos but everyone had a great time. There were 25 children and their parents. Holy mackerel! It was nonstop laughter and excitement. It all started with the batteries dying in my camera. I'm very organized so no worries here or so I thought. I had extra double A's in my camera bag. Everything was ready and packed to go on Friday. Nothing was going to stand in my way of having an uneventful birthday party. Until I found out my husband has been mixing used batteries with the new ones that is. The boys constantly say their Wii remotes are dying so my husband replaces them and doesn't discard the used batteries. Needless to say things weren't off to a good start. I love to take pictures and he loves for me to take them. He usually pests for me to take more and more and more and sometimes it causes a squabble or two because there are other things to do when you're hostessing a party. He.didn't.say.one.word. I had to borrow my friend's camera and it took poor quality pictures. Not that mine would have been great. I was just happy to have pictures at that point! This has been said before but I'm stoked for the Explore Workshop. :-)










Don't ya just love the bandaid? She wacked her head on a cabinet in our bathroom right before we were leaving and it wouldn't stop bleeding. My husband stuck a pink Barbie bandaid on her forehead and she didn't touch it so we left it. Great for a photo op I always say.


I don't know where the rest of the kids are but this is most of the motley crew.



Look at the little lady snarfing down a cupcake. She's starting to scare me. She's either hitting her head or acting all rough and tumble like a boy...which is fine really. I always thought my girl would be a girly girl. Don't ask me why because I was a tomboy until I got older. My Mom was a jock too. I hit my head numerous times when I was little knocking myself unconscious at one point which led to a hospital stay for 3 days. My hubby has his own share of battle wounds as well. Do you think it might run in the family? LOL



Just look at all of those presents. That's only half of them. I seriously considered asking people to donate money to a good cause rather than bringing presents. Do you think braces are in his future? LOL He's lost 6 teeth already. One was two months before he turned 5. I actually called the dentist because I thought something was wrong. Never occurred to me he could be losing his teeth already. It was too soon as far as I was concerned. I think Mr. Chips' front tooth is loose as well. He just turned 4!!! The dentist said the normal range is anywhere between ages 4-7. They just look so grown up once they start loosing their teeth. I want them to stay babies forever.







See why she scares me? She loves me some clothes and shoes though so there's that hope of her being a girly girl yet. She'll kick her feet and cry until she gets to wear the shoes or jacket of her choice. Calamity Jane received some birthday presents from some of her aunts and uncles that didn't see her for her birthday. Therefore the reason the tags still being on the outfit she's wearing. :-)

Today is a holiday so all 5 of us are hanging out together. It's been really nice. No fighting or bickering. The children have been behaving too.

Hope all of you are having a happy Monday!

Much love from NJ,

Sue xoxo

15 comments:

  1. These are ADORABLE photos! Happy Birthday to your little men! :-) What a fun, fun party! The cupcake picture had me laughing out loud - it looked like your daughter was about to INHALE the cupcake! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are just adorable!!!! My 6 year old has yet to lose a tooth. Weird, huh? I, too, enjoyed the cupcake picture. You can tell she has older brothers ;0)

    Mrs. Nurse Boy

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a FUN birthday~!
    love your blog! thanks for commenting on my blog!!!
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, how fun. ANd you're just so funny. I can identify with you on so many levels here. :)

    The kids look so cute, and like they had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your boys! I think they'll remember that party for the rest of their lives, it looks like it was unreal fun!

    Bad! Husband for not throwing out dead batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate it when people don't throw away batteries! It ruins everything. Looks like your boys came away with quite the haul. What a fun birthday for them. BTW, tough little rough and tumble girls are so much more fun to have around than prissy, cry about EVERYTHING girls. Trust me. I know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That place looks like so much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww I remember those days...birthday parties of several hundred kids at the gymnastics place, or the bowling alley, or the inflatables place, or the farm...
    As a side note, my youngest daughter volunteers every now and then at an animal shelter and for her 13th birthday, she asked for donations of collars, leashes, food, paper towels, towels, etc. and you wouldn't believe the stuff we got, filled up the back of our van and she felt so good about it. Start planting the seed now and by the time they get to be older they might consider it especially the boys since they celebrate together!!
    take care, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My boys always have a bruise on their head too!!
    Glad the boys had a great birthday, it looks like they both had heaps of fun (and presents!)
    The pictures are great ~ hope hubby has learned the hard way not to mix batteries! LOL!!
    Like the new look.
    Love,
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ~ looks like so much fun!!
    Great pictures.
    love and hugs Tabitha XXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new look. You did a great job and I'm glad you are back on line. That looks like one big fun party. Happy belated birthday to your darling young men.This seemed to be a little extra special with one turning 4 on the 4th and your big boy turning 6 on the 6th. Did your husband fell very very bad putting dead battries together with the new battries?
    Love and hugs XXXXOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have the battery issues too! I pitch, he saves... or borrows from one electronic device for another... My girl alternates between hanging with the boys and doing boy "stuff" and putting on makeup and tiaras.

    Lovely photos! I'd sell a body part for one of those cupcakes right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures...even if they were not with YOUR camera. (the battery thing really irritates me too)
    25 kids? wow. I suppose though you can get it all out in one day for both boys....now that little Calamity Jane...she is a pistol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 4 on the 4th and 6 on the 6th? Thats a once in a lifetime occurance, isn't it?

    My little Lorelai just got invited to a birthday party that will be at a gym. She was asking what gymnastics is and what she would be doing at the party. I was having a hard time explaining it....so I think I'll just show her these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, Sweet Pea is potty trained. It was a MIR-A-CLE, and not of my own doing. Well, I worked hard, but I did with the boys as well and they took FOREVER. I can recommend the Potty Time with Elmo video, though. That seemed to help her a lot. She watched it all the time, but it sunk in so I let her. You will get there. I simply HATE potty training. Ugh! Good luck! ;0)

    Mrs. Nurse Boy

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say because I'd love to hear it!! I appreciate you stopping by and taking the time to comment. Comments make my day!!