Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Extreme Makeover--Me Edition Weekly Update

{ae filkins}




Hi all! It's been quite awhile since I participated in the Extreme Makeover Me Edition. I've been following the plan just haven't blogged about it. If this is your first time visiting my site, welcome! Click on over to Amber's blog and join all of the amazing women in their quest to get fit and healthy.

I lost .2 lbs. this week which is great considering I thought I had gained. I'm 5 1/2 lbs. away from my goal weight. Very excited and frustrated at the same time. I need to tone up more than anything now. For the past two weeks I have had a problem sleeping. I would get to bed around 3-4 a.m. and then wake up around 5:00. Thankfully that streak was broken yesterday and I somehow managed to get 6 hours of sleep. When the 4:10 a.m. alarm sounded I actually got up and went to the gym. If felt good until this morning rolled around and someone hit the snooze button (me).

Amber's question for the week:

Share with us some of your vacation survival strategies.

Hello, how much do we love to eat on vacations? Do you sometimes get the feeling that as a society this is like a 'free pass' to just indulge?? It seems that way to me.

On vacation I actually do great with my eating and exercising. I'm a big snacker so once vacation time comes, with three kids, there isn't any time for that. I like to snack. For the past 8 weeks I've toned it down a lot and I know that's why I'm within reach of goal weight. Unfortunately I know me and I will eventually go back to snacking because I enjoy it so much. Will have to get better at eating lower calorie and healthier snacks when that time comes.

While on vacation I still count Weight Watchers points but it's more of a loose version of my everyday life. You have to enjoy yourself and can't be deprived. Otherwise it backfires. At least that's how it is for me anyway.

I hope all of you had a great week. I see that Amber put Mister Linky back up so that was the extra push I needed to encourage me to post something. Thanks Amber!! Looking forward to catching up with all of you. It's been way too long away from the blog work.

Much love from NJ,

Sue
xoxo

21 comments:

  1. Good to see you again! Congrats on being so close to your goal! Man...good for you for getting up and getting to the gym sooo early:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WISH I was that close to my goal! Congratulations!! Your hard work is paying off. I have to change up my exercise more than my eating when I hit plateaus. Great for toning: Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I picked it up for $10 at the superstore and at 20 minutes long... it's great for a busy day. It is KILLER!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! So glad you posted!! And SO glad that you're only 5 pounds away from your goal! That is awesome!!

    Mr. Linky was always there, it was just the weird version. Got it all figured out. Come to find out, if I would've paid more attention, I could've figured it out awhile back. Oops!

    You go girl, keep on rockin!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Sue's back!! Missed you girl!

    That is exciting that you are only a few lbs. away from your goal. Even though I hit my goal weight a little while ago, I still seem to fluctuate. I don't let it bring me down, though :)

    Deja'vu...I had insomnia last night. Glad you're getting some more sleep. It's good for your body!

    You're doing so great!

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on keeping up with your goals. You do need sleep to function though...work on that. Kay???
    Hope all is well in NJ. Take care, suz

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are getting soooo close to your goal! Keep up the great work!

    I have found that I can't function on 6 hours of sleep...I have to get at least 7.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Sue! Welcome back :) Wow that must have been a rough 2 weeks with no sleep - I would want to kill someone (mainly myself!) If I don't get 7 hours I'm miserable. Glad you survived it & are sleeping again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue, congrats!! It must feel so good to be so close to your goal!! I'm glad to hear you're getting some decent sleep, I can't survive without a good night's sleep!!

    Take care,
    Love Tan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go for you that you are almost to your goal weight! Keep up the good work! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY, you're back! You are close to that goal weight aren't you!

    I'm a snacker... lovelovelove to snack but I rarely make good snack choices, then I feel bad. I know the battle you are up against!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back to blog land! I hope things are going well for you, although it sounds like they are. Good for you and sticking to your goal. Take care and come back soon!

    -Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Stopping over from EM:ME. I'm a newbie this week.:)

    Congrats on being so close to your goal weight! WooHoo! You can do it! You can do it! Stay strong, stay focused.

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I count points on vacation too...and you're in NJ? I'm heading down to LBI next week though I live in NYC. Nice to meet ya, neighbor! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sue! So good to "see" you :) I cannot believe you get up so early to go to the gym . . . that is dedication, my love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the loss! ANY loss is a good loss in my book! :-) Good for you for getting back on the wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Gorgeous. It's great to see you posting... I've been thinking about you and keep hoping you'll pop up on facebook chat because I missed you last time.

    I hear you re the sleep... it's so frustrating. AND if one more person tells me to just go to bed earlier, I will not be held accountable for my actions :P

    Make sure you take care you YOU and be easy on yourself.

    Thanks too for your constant lovely messages ~ it takes a strong person to offer support as you do when you have your own issues to deal with.

    Love XXX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just to say hi and I hope your day is beautiful, Vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmm I know what you mean about eating too much on holiday. Good luck with your weight loss! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. How do I wish I was that close to my goal??????

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats. How exciting! I like to snack too, it's my downfall. So I try to snack on healthy things (and occasionally unhealthy).

    I hope your sleep schedule gets adjusted soon and that you're able to sleep longer. How frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love to eat on vacation. I love to eat at the house. I love to eat portions bigger than a mouse. I love to eat sweet things, I love to eat sour, and what I don't love, is my lack of will power. I'm heading over to Amber's blog!

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say because I'd love to hear it!! I appreciate you stopping by and taking the time to comment. Comments make my day!!