Friday, December 26, 2008

Grateful




It's hard to believe another year has flown by. I'm trying to stop and smell the roses more on a daily basis. This Christmas I felt that I let the commercialism of Christmas get the best of me somewhat. Although I tried not to, I got caught up in the hubbub a little bit and almost forgot the true meaning. (At least the lead up to it.) It's all about family and friends. Just being together and enjoying one another. My oldest son who is soon to be 6, kept crying because he didn't get everything he wanted on his wish list. I tried to explain to him that some children whether they've behaved or not over the past year, didn't get anything at all for Christmas. Not.one.single.present. He looked as if he understood what I meant for a moment. I know he's still a little young to understand but I'm trying to teach all of my children to be grateful. When they seem ungrateful I can feel the smoke begin to come out of my ears. I'm hoping they hear me and one day something will click and they'll remember all of the things I'm trying to teach them now. But how can they remember when I almost forgot?

This beautiful sunrise was taken a few days ago. It's cold here in NJ (15 degrees). When I saw the pink sky through the window I ran outside in my pj's and barefeet because I didn't want to miss the photo op. Made me truly happy. The beautiful scenery was just one of the many things I was taking for granted.

I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas. I know I did. Looking forward to the New Year!


Much love from NJ,
Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you got something to say because I'd love to hear it!! I appreciate you stopping by and taking the time to comment. Comments make my day!!